Quality assurance is the most critical component affecting the performance of schools/ learning centres/ educational institutions. Schools no longer serve as a mere venue for receiving an education – schools today must ensure that they provide education of the highest possible academic standards.
To spearhead new systems of learning, integrate and ensure quality within existing educational systems, systemic evaluation of schools is conducted, known as accreditation.
“Accreditation provides schools with an independent seal of approval that gives credibility to students’ transcripts and diplomas and assures parents that everything a school does – from how it is led and uses its resources to its quality of instruction, assessment and programs of study – meets high standards. But accreditation also provides educational and community leaders with a framework to continuously assess the quality of the institution they lead and better meet the needs of every student.” ~ Dr Annette Bohling, Chief Accreditation Officer, Cognia.
Cognia, the world’s largest accrediting body and a community of prominent educators, conducts an intensive review process and throws light on strengths and areas of improvement for schools. A Cognia accredited school means that the school/institution has qualified educators, an approved learning programs, sound financial base, is technically equipped and operates on appropriate admission policies.
Accreditation has manifold benefits for schools and students:
– The accredited status of a school is a green signal to students and parents that the school’s physical and academic infrastructure meets minimum threshold standards. The veracity of the school’s system is tested during the accreditation process to address every concern regarding the quality of education.
– To gain access to federal funds such as student aid, the school/ institution must be accredited by a recognised accrediting body. The United States federal government relies on accreditation to determine the academic quality and ensures that an institution is stable fiscally to serve students well.
– Students from accredited private learning institutions/ schools receive validated transcripts and diplomas which are accepted globally by universities, colleges and employers. Accreditation acts as a stamp of approval on students’ transcripts as it ensures that the educational programs offered, meet the accreditation criteria and present a validated educational background to employers. Students receive authentic American qualification having a worldwide acceptance.
– Accreditation ensures students for seamless transfer of courses and programs among colleges and universities. Receiving institutions always check whether the institution from which a student wishes to transfer credits is accredited or not.
– Only accredited schools/ institutions can offer Advanced Placement or AP courses. Students can earn college credits while schooling by opting for AP courses.
The process of accreditation can be a major step for schools towards improving their effectiveness. We, at International Schooling, offer Certification Partnership to schools, conduct rigorous reviews, on-site visits, certify them to be a part of the global Cognia network of renowned accredited institutions and school systems. We partner with K-12 schools, institutions, learning centres or corporates and offer them to become our Program Partners, as an added benefit. Our Program Partners can add their own courses and programs and can offer them in association with us.
With us, schools can move more purposefully, evolve their learning outcomes and better meet the demands of students.